top of page

Gear & Accessories

Público·26 membros

Whitesnake - Is This Love

A music video was also made, featuring Coverdale's then-girlfriend actress Tawny Kitaen. The music video, which was directed by Marty Callner, depicts the band playing the song on a misty stage, intercut with scenes of Coverdale singing, Kitaen dancing and the two of them together. Due to Coverdale firing the other members of the band before the album was released, he is the only Whitesnake member present on both the recording and in the music video; this was the case for all music videos released for songs from the 1987 album (except for "Here I Go Again", Vandenberg performed the guitar solo on the recording and later appeared in the music video as well).

Whitesnake - Is This Love

"Is This Love" reached number 13 on Billboard's Mainstream Rock chart.[8] It also peaked at number 38 on the Adult Contemporary chart in the US;[9] despite this, in the years since, "Here I Go Again", which did not chart on the AC chart at the time of its release, gets more airplay on adult contemporary stations, most notably iHeartRadio-owned stations.

Ive heard this song before when i was like 10years old. Im 38yo now. I heard it again today.Brings back memories.Its a great song, but compared to other 80s rock ballads, isnt as popular .But this song is such a good song.

The album was generally met with positive reviews. According to music journalist Mick Wall, the album "wasn't just best Whitesnake album, it was one of the best rock albums of its era", while "Here I Go Again" became a "signature tune for Coverdale and Whitesnake. It's pretty, with beautifully soulful lead vocal for sure, but it's the 'My Way'-type ingredient of the lyrics ... that does it to ya every time".[45] J. D. Considine favorably writing for Rolling Stone argued that although the album is perhaps lacking in originality having "every worthwhile mannerism and lick in the heavy-rock vocabulary" and a mixture of styles reminiscent of Led Zeppelin, Scorpions and Foreigner, "what makes it such a guilty pleasure, though, is that Coverdale isn't simply stealing licks; he and guitarist John Sykes understand the structure, pacing and drama of the old Led Zeppelin sound and deserve credit for concocting such a convincing simulacrum".[62] Steve Huey and Bradley Torreano writing for AllMusic gave both North American and European versions the same rating of 4.5 stars out of 5, being "a collection of loud, polished hard rockers, plus the band's best set of pop hooks",[55] however felt the European version is superior due to better tracklist flow and two more songs, especially "Looking for Love", which "a nice slow build to a blustery chorus makes this a classic David Coverdale ballad".[56] The 20th,[61] and 30th anniversary,[35][63] reissues were also favorably received. The exception to these reviews was Robert Christgau, who in his negative review deemed that "the attraction of this veteran pop-metal has got to be total predictability. The glistening solos, the surging crescendos, the familiar macho love rhymes, the tunes you can hum before the verse is over--not one heard before, yet every one somehow known".[57]

WHITESNAKE founder and lead singer David Coverdale had 16 tracks remixed and remastered for this collection, including "Is This Love", which was a hit, reaching No. 9 on the U.K. singles chart and No. 2 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 singles chart. "Is This Love" was WHITESNAKE's second-biggest U.S. hit after "Here I Go Again", which topped the charts.

WHITESNAKE will team up with the SCORPIONS for a North American tour this summer and fall. The two-month-long Live Nation-produced trek will kick off on August 14 in Toronto, with additional concerts in Los Angeles, Detroit, Chicago, Dallas, and Denver, among others. Also appearing on the bill will be the Swedish band THUNDERMOTHER.

BLABBERMOUTH.NET uses the Facebook Comments plugin to let people comment on content on the site using their Facebook account. The comments reside on Facebook servers and are not stored on BLABBERMOUTH.NET. To comment on a BLABBERMOUTH.NET story or review, you must be logged in to an active personal account on Facebook. Once you're logged in, you will be able to comment. User comments or postings do not reflect the viewpoint of BLABBERMOUTH.NET and BLABBERMOUTH.NET does not endorse, or guarantee the accuracy of, any user comment. To report spam or any abusive, obscene, defamatory, racist, homophobic or threatening comments, or anything that may violate any applicable laws, use the "Report to Facebook" and "Mark as spam" links that appear next to the comments themselves. To do so, click the downward arrow on the top-right corner of the Facebook comment (the arrow is invisible until you roll over it) and select the appropriate action. You can also send an e-mail to blabbermouthinbox(@)gmail.com with pertinent details. BLABBERMOUTH.NET reserves the right to "hide" comments that may be considered offensive, illegal or inappropriate and to "ban" users that violate the site's Terms Of Service. Hidden comments will still appear to the user and to the user's Facebook friends. If a new comment is published from a "banned" user or contains a blacklisted word, this comment will automatically have limited visibility (the "banned" user's comments will only be visible to the user and the user's Facebook friends).

I've just uploaded 4 rigs, presets might be a better term - they are tweaked rigs OF OTHERS that nicely fit this great Whitesnake tune, which my band plays. I take no credit for the amp or cab profiling, which were wonderfully done by people more talented than I. I merely tweaked settings for playing this one tune.

The harmonizer patch is my favorite - use it playing the higher note, versus the lower which is preferred by many, including Paults, whose guidance helped me with this patch. Thanks Paul! It is for use in Em, the original key. Note: you will probably need to turn volumes down according to your guitar. I will re-tweak the volumes and re-upload on the Rig later. I hope you enjoy!

A lot of people on this forum was picking on me for my profiles, but I have found at least 7 recently uploaded profiles that the actual profile was made for about 3-3,5 years ago and some of them have my name (KB) as amp and cab creator.

I earlier compared this high volume to the Egnator Armaggedon - I meant the Marshall JMP86 Aldrich by Peter W. Have you tried that rig ? Amazing tone, killer really... but talk about loud!! I wonder how he got it so loud without clipping.

[quote='DrBertson','index.php?page=Thread&postID=168322#post168322']A lot of people on this forum was picking on me for my profiles, but I have found at least 7 recently uploaded profiles that the actual profile was made for about 3-3,5 years ago and some of them have my name (KB) as amp and cab creator.

DrBertson - please take note of the changes I made to the original post which began this thread. I hope you, and anyone else reading, will not be offended in any way. You and others have done some fabulous work that is greatly appreciated.

I can't stop the feelingI've been this way beforeBut with you I've found the keyTo open any doorI can feel my love for youGrowing stronger day by dayAnd I can't wait to see you againSo I can hold you in my arms

We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. 041b061a72

Informações

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page